The preferred candidates will possess the following:
• A minimum of 250 hours on floats; and
• A valid Class I/II Instructor Rating, or the ability to obtain one within one year.
College Diploma in Aviation and/or;
• Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideally the preferred candidate will have:
• Master’s degree in Education
• A minimum of five years experience in a leadership role relating to the aviation industry
• Previous experience as a flight instructor
Other qualifications may include:
• C180/185/Beaver/Otter experience in a commercial operation;
• Expertise and progressively responsible experience in the aviation industry, preferably in the field of education and training;
• A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds;
• Previous teaching or training experience at the college, university or corporate level;
• A current professional affiliation;
• Proven ability to excel in a team environment and a demonstrated commitment to life-long learning; and
• Previous curriculum and program development experience is desirable, including innovative classroom presentation techniques.
Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an asset:
• Alternative delivery strategies, student success strategies, academic advising, adult learning theories, and educational applications of computer technologies.
• During the interview, applicants will be required to present a teaching lesson and, as part of the recruitment process, complete a curriculum assignment.
A successful applicant will be subject to a company check out and must meet the FTU’s insurance requirements and must provide a criminal records check prior to the commencement of employment.